Wednesday, April 30, 2014

It Happens (I think)

I read all genres. There have only been three book in my life that I could not finish because they were so bad. And some have been close calls.

Yesterday I opened up a tour book to read and omg. The first sentence did not do anything for me. I did not make it past page one. I had no clue what was going on and felt like I was on the edge of the universe and had no idea how to get back home. It was bad.

I felt bad because I had to write the tour company and back out and told them why. I looked and the book had almost 4 stars so people liked it. I would love to meet these people.

But I feel like I am missing out on something. I know it sound weird but what if it got better? Probably not but I need to be captured right away when I start a book. However it is done. It does not have to be trumpets blaring and drums banging but be interesting.

I have another tour book to read plus tons of my own to read. Now I know why people stick with the same author because you know what you are getting. But I like to expand my horizons. Find new authors. I think I may be able to survive the rest of my reading days on the authors I like already lol! But still, I will always wonder about this one book....

No comments:

Post a Comment